Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

supriya_13
Helper I
Helper I

Publish To Web-Create Embed Code option not giving with admin account

Hi All,

I am not getting "Create Embed Code" option after "Publish To Web" since I changed password. Its giving alert as "Contact your admin to enable embed code creation" even though I logged in as Admin account. kindly suggest.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I Assigned the "Power BI Admin" role to my Power BI account & then able to access all the tabs from admin role.

Getting embedded code now.

Thanks

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm having the same issue. Any solutions?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello All,

I am having the same problem.  Please let me know when it has been resolved.

Best,

Regina

This error is linked to the recent update from Microsoft. In order for you to publish new reports on web, your Power BI admin needs to change the settings to Allow existing and new codes.

More details are here: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/heads-up-the-publish-to-web-default-is-changing-and-it-affe...

Regards

Ram

@rammishra, do I need to be a paid user in order to embed now? 

I believe only Pro account holders can publish it. However, I need to check before I can confirm. 

This error is linked to the recent update from Microsoft. In order for you to publish new reports on web, your Power BI admin needs to change the settings to Allow existing and new codes.

More details are here: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/heads-up-the-publish-to-web-default-is-changing-and-it-affe...

Regards

Ram

V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi All,

Sorry, this is my mistake. I was told that "publish to web" is disabled by default. It needs to be enabled manually in tenant setting.

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I'm having the same issue but, despite being an admin, the only option that I have in the admin portal is "Capacity settings".

V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi All,

I have reported this bug internally.

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

HI @V-lianl-msft,

Is this not related to the new 'Publish to web' experience that has started rolling out to each users the beginning of this week?

For more details you can take a look at the following blogpost with more details: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/the-publish-to-web-default-is-changing-and-it-affects-who-c...

-JP

Thank you Liang. 

I hope, it will be fixed today. 

Regards

Ram

Anonymous
Not applicable

Even we are also facing the same issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

We have the same problem since today. We can not generate public URL from reports in PowerBI Service.

rammishra
Helper II
Helper II

I am also getting the same error since morning today. Please look into it.

I Assigned the "Power BI Admin" role to my Power BI account & then able to access all the tabs from admin role.

Getting embedded code now.

Thanks

Hello supriya_13 

Would you mind telling me how you did this. I try to do it in the Admin Center of Microsoft 365 but it won't let me and I can't publish to the web eventhough I have a Power BI Pro License. 

The message I get is this "Reach your Admin to get permission to generate a web report". I bought the license so I should have all the permisions but that is not the case.

Thanks for any help

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.