Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PB_rj58

Publish Reports an Dashboards

Dear Community members,

I'm trying to find out how I can publish reports and dashboards. Is it possible to send a report by email to a collegue or someone outside the organisation and what do are the software requirements they need to open the reports/dashboards? Are the able to drill down?

In advance thanks,

René 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
san_jois
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi,

I share dashboards through Power BI Service with read only permission (i.e. no further share permission)

The catch here is that the person outside the organisation should have a pro account of Power bi to access it interactively

In case the information being shared is ok to be shared on a public domain, then, we can actually embed the iframe in our website and share the link with the person/s outside organisation. But this is not secure way of sharing as data is/can by open to public

If the person has downloaded Power bi desktop at his end, and if you are ok with him/her accessing the model which you built in your power bi desktop file, then you may share the same through email or by keeping the same on cloud based storage.

Hope this answers your query

Regards,

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
san_jois
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi,

I share dashboards through Power BI Service with read only permission (i.e. no further share permission)

The catch here is that the person outside the organisation should have a pro account of Power bi to access it interactively

In case the information being shared is ok to be shared on a public domain, then, we can actually embed the iframe in our website and share the link with the person/s outside organisation. But this is not secure way of sharing as data is/can by open to public

If the person has downloaded Power bi desktop at his end, and if you are ok with him/her accessing the model which you built in your power bi desktop file, then you may share the same through email or by keeping the same on cloud based storage.

Hope this answers your query

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.