Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Publish Error

Hi,

We are connecting to Azure SQL DB using direct query mode. 

The report was getting published fine until i decided to update the Power Bi Desktop to the latest version. After the update i have started getting the publish error that:

Publishing Succeeded, but the published report cannot connect to the data source because we are unable to find the gateway, Please configure and install and enterprise gateway. 

When i go to Power BI Service Dataset Settings to configure the gateway, i see the message that you dont need the gateway for this dataset because all its datasource is in the cloud. 

Firewall rules for the database are configured to "Allow access to Azure services"  .

5 REPLIES 5
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Could you have chekced if there is any other data source in your report? 

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

There is no other datasource.

Hi @Anonymous,

Due to I could not reproduce your problem, I suggest you create a support ticket here: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Sure i will raise a ticket.

Please can you tell me the pre-requisites before connecting to Azure SQL DB from Power BI Desktop using Direct Query. 

Is there any port nuber that needs to be defined to make the connection.

Anonymous
Not applicable

publish.PNG

I am getting the following error.

I am connecting Power BI desktop on Virtual Machine to the Azure SQL DB.  please let me know do I need to setup any gateway for this?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.