Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Public published reports not updating data

Hi guys, I'm having a problem and I hope you can help me with it.
We created this reports on power bi desktop, and published it to web, with this public link, but the data on the repor seen by the link, dosen't update, when we update the info on the database, the desktop report updates it, but when we get to the publised report, it remais the same old one.

Does anyone knows what I have to do so the data on the link gets updated too?

thanks in advance.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MarvinConceição ,

Could you please check whether the refreshed had been done or not? Please check the refresh history in power bi service.

ref.PNG

BTW, please clear the cache of your browser and check again.

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Hey @amitchandak  and @v-frfei-msft , I deleted my data set from the web version and published it again, I rescheduled it again, and now it is working fine.
thanks for your time, it is working fine now

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hey @amitchandak  and @v-frfei-msft , I deleted my data set from the web version and published it again, I rescheduled it again, and now it is working fine.
thanks for your time, it is working fine now

v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MarvinConceição ,

Could you please check whether the refreshed had been done or not? Please check the refresh history in power bi service.

ref.PNG

BTW, please clear the cache of your browser and check again.

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Are you republishing after data refresh or you have created a schedule to refresh in web version using on-premise gateway

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/refresh-desktop-file-local-drive

Appreciate your Kudos. In case, this is the solution you are looking for, mark it as the Solution.
In case it does not help, please provide additional information and mark me with @

Thanks. My Recent Blogs -Decoding Direct Query - Time Intelligence, Winner Coloring on MAP, HR Analytics, Power BI Working with Non-Standard TimeAnd Comparing Data Across Date Ranges
Connect on Linkedin

thanks for the answer @amitchandak 

but this is the problem, I have created a schedule, and I have even updated the data set on the web version, but the problem is, when I access the report through the public link, it still shows me the old data, is there a special way to update the info that the report gets via the link?

I faced this. But I got the data after the refresh button was pressed. 

thanks @amitchandak , let me run some more tests, and I'll get back to you

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.