Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Boja
Advocate II
Advocate II

Public URLs for images on sharepoint

Hello,

I am trying to pull many photos (PNG) from online sharepoint folder and display them using Image Viewer visual on public Power BI report. The goal is to share report with external users without credentials.

I read several posts about this and followed instructions provided.

Sharepoint is set to allow sharing to authenticated external users and anonymous access links. 

1.png

To obtain public sharepoint URL they recomend copying the link and pasting into a browser. And then to use newly generated URL link:

https://intelligentvideosoftware.sharepoint.com/sites/DATA-IVS/Documents%20partages/Forms/AllItems.a...

However, i am importing more then 100 images and each one of them has different label and cid number. 

I have connected Power BI with the sharepoing folder using organizational credentials and i can see the list of images. But i dont know how to generate public link for all of them without manual pasting. I tried creating a link without cid number using conditiaonal column as follows:

URL link = 
"https://intelligentvideosoftware.sharepoint.com/sites/DATA-IVS/Documents%20partages/Forms/AllItems.aspx?id=%2Fsites%2FDATA-IVS%2FDocuments%20partages%2FDashboard%2F" 
& [ImgName] & 
"%2Epng&parent=%2Fsites%2FDATA-IVS%2FDocuments%20partages%2FDashboard&p=true"

However, the images are not visibale in incognito access.

How would you import bulk of sharepoing images with public url?

Thanks for brainstorming 🙂

2 REPLIES 2
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Boja ,

Please get the url of the image by this way.

2.PNG

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Hi @v-frfei-msft ,

Thanks. However, it will be time consuming to do this for 100 photos (and more). Can you think of an automated way how to get this?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.