Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SpiroswayGR
Resolver III
Resolver III

Public Link - Data Updated but not the pages

Dear community,

I am working with a public link and i want to keep the same link while working on new pages and reports from Desktop.

Any solution on this case ? 

For example , i have one report for 10 pages and i have this (fake link) : https://app.powerbi.com/YYY1900

Then i want to work with PBI Desktop and add 2 new pages on this report so i expect to get these 2 new pages on my current link.

(If i delete current link and re-public then it show the new pages otherwise i have only old report pages).

Thanks in advance,

Spyros

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SpiroswayGR ,

If you want to update the report published to web/embed in web, and the modify in Pbix file was done within Power BI Desktop, we need to re-publish to Power BI Service to make the modify deployed to service. But based on my test, we donot need to delete the link and re-create one, but for Publish to web, based on this documentif you update the report definition (for example, if you change its View mode) or refresh the report data, it can take approximately one hour before changes are reflected in the version of the report that your users view. 

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SpiroswayGR ,

If you want to update the report published to web/embed in web, and the modify in Pbix file was done within Power BI Desktop, we need to re-publish to Power BI Service to make the modify deployed to service. But based on my test, we donot need to delete the link and re-create one, but for Publish to web, based on this documentif you update the report definition (for example, if you change its View mode) or refresh the report data, it can take approximately one hour before changes are reflected in the version of the report that your users view. 

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-lid-msft 

Thanks for reply.

I can confirm that public link view need 1-2 hours to update. 

SpiroswayGR
Resolver III
Resolver III

any update ?!!

thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.