Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Prorate values considering dates order.

Hello everybody,

I need your help, I need to prorate values considering dates.

1. I have a production table (quantities to be produced) by items on different dates.
  2. I have a table per item and excess production that I would like to distribute in the items of my production table so as not to overproduce. but I must consider that the first dates are those that are covered with excesses.

Untitled.png

Attached images.
Beforehand thank you very much.

4 REPLIES 4
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

I did a test and refer to the following results.

M1 = IF(MAX('Table'[Initial Excess])>=MAX('Table'[Req. Qty]),0,MAX('Table'[Req. Qty])-MAX('Table'[Initial Excess]))
M2 = IF(MAX('Table'[Initial Excess])>=MAX('Table'[Req. Qty]),MAX('Table'[Initial Excess])-MAX('Table'[Req. Qty]),0)

v-henryk-mstf_0-1621581173019.png

If it is not what you need, can you provide detailed instructions and screenshots of the expected results, I will answer you as soon as possible.

Let me know the result immediately, looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you,

I am sorry, I do not have the initial excess in the first table, since it is calculated according to what is covering the required amount.

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous Not exactly sure what you are asking for, the Excess column or the New Req Qty column. Or are you just looking for the Exceso Final table? Can you post data as text?

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am looking for the New required quantity. considering that if the excess covers the first dates, it would be 0, and if the excess does not cover or is less than the initial amount, only the excess of this initial amount would be discounted. I hope I have explained myself and thank you very much for your help.

item Date Req. Qty Initial Excess New Req. Excess
Item 1 Date 1  50 75 0 25
Item 1 Date 2 25 25 0 0
Item 1 Date 3 32 0 32 0
Item 2 Date 1 24 240 0 216
Item 2 Date 2 56 216 0 160
Item 2 Date 3 98 160 0 62
Item 3 Date 1 10 20 0 10
Item 3 Date 2 30 10 20 0

Excess
Item | QTY
---------------------
Item 1 | 75
Item 2 | 240
item 3 | 20

In this case, the excess of item 3 does not cover the req. qty, so the new quantity considers 20 units that could not be covered with the excess.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.