Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DavidB023
Helper III
Helper III

Proportional Histogram

Hi everybody,

I want to create an histogram with two columns like that :

graphe.PNG

Firstly,  I don't success to create this two columns on the same histogram.

Secondly, I need to have proportionnal ratio on histogram. For example, pink row show 62.17 and the other 106.58. But the 62.17 is so big than the other and its not logical on reality.. does anybody can explain me, if it is possible, how I can resolve my problem and have two proportionnal histogram.

Thanks

DavidB023

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi  @DavidB023,

These data are like mine and like I said previously, I want to have two columns on one graph if it is possible, and I want a proportionnal repartition. On my example, you can see that for a same kind of category like E, the forecast is bigger than the real on the figure but not on the visual.

Firstly, if you want to put two columns on one graph, you need to change your data structure in Query Editor.

Untitled.png

Then  I suggest you create the visual with Stacked column chart. 

Capture.PNG

If you create the 100%  Stacked column chart which is allocated by percentage so it will show 'category like E, the forecast is bigger than the real'.

Reference: test pbix file

Hope it can help you !Smiley Tongue

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @DavidB023

Which chart did you created?

I have made a test with the Stacked Column chart with Power BI Desktop April version, everything works as expected.

Capture6.PNG

If it is convenient, could you share a dummy pbix file which can reproduce the issue, so that we can help further investigate on it? You can upload it to OneDrive or Dropbox and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.)

Best Regards,

Cherry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-piga-msft Thanks for your time, so I put as an attachment an example of data. These data are like mine and like I said previously, I want to have two columns on one graph if it is possible, and I want a proportionnal repartition. On my example, you can see that for a same kind of category like E, the forecast is bigger than the real on the figure but not on the visual.

That create an unlogical visual for my dashboard..

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlpYVjQtU7WhiS1xfWK_pBilOtGO

Best regards

DavidB023

Hi  @DavidB023,

These data are like mine and like I said previously, I want to have two columns on one graph if it is possible, and I want a proportionnal repartition. On my example, you can see that for a same kind of category like E, the forecast is bigger than the real on the figure but not on the visual.

Firstly, if you want to put two columns on one graph, you need to change your data structure in Query Editor.

Untitled.png

Then  I suggest you create the visual with Stacked column chart. 

Capture.PNG

If you create the 100%  Stacked column chart which is allocated by percentage so it will show 'category like E, the forecast is bigger than the real'.

Reference: test pbix file

Hope it can help you !Smiley Tongue

Best Regards,

Cherry

@v-piga-msft

It's like I want, thanks very much ! Smiley Happy

Best regards

David

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.