Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Promotional Analysis / Grouping Weeks / Cumulative Total

Hello,

I'm trying to run a promotional analysis where each customer's promotion is running at a different time frame. I will need to measure the run rate of sales for the time leading up to the promotion vs the actual promotion and see what the incremental lift was. I don't know if the best way to perform this is a formula, measure or grouping. The chart below will add some color.

Promotion.JPG

While a much smaller scale this shows what I need to pull off. For example customer A, B and C all have different timings of the promotion and Customer A is running from week# 201801-201804 while Customer B may be running from week 201803-201807.

What is the best way to group customer and have essentially a time frame for the promotion and non promotion?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Garrett

2 REPLIES 2
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous

I need more information.

the "POS sales" means:

whether the customer runs promotion or not, finally they will contribute such sales,

right?

But you say eg. Customer A is running from week# 201801-201804 while Customer B may be running from week 201803-201807, 

if my understanding about "POS sales" is right, then "POS sales" in 201805-09 for Customer A are not for the promotion.

"run rate of sales for the time leading up to the promotion vs the actual promotion and see what the incremental lift was."

what is "actual promotion" and "rate of sales for the time leading up to the promotion"?

Best Regards

Maggie

Anonymous
Not applicable

POS Sales stands for Point of Sale Sales... Meaning just sales: The toal number of sales across that given timeframe.

Yes whether the customer runs promotion or not they will have sales just in theory the promotion sales should be higher.

Yes your understanding is correct 201805-201809 for Customer A is not in the promotion.

Actual promotion is the dates listed that the promotion is running and the rate of sales leading up to the promotion would be all sales outside of the promotion (it needs to be a cummulative running total as well) in order to see the effect of the promtion vs non promotion sales.

Example: Customer A 201801-201804 = Promotion

201805-End = Non Promotion.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.