Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Projet evolution (gannt chart) based on project stages not dates

Hello everyone!

I would like to ask if there is any possibility to create a gantt chart based on project stages / phases and not based on dates. Imagine I have several products under developent and there are 4 major development phases (like formulation, analytical methods, production and dossier compilation). Basically I want to show in a graphical manner (as a bar chart) in which stage each product is based on % of completion of each development phase and not based on dates.

This is commonly used to show the pipeline of pharmaceutical companies. see for example: http://treatu.pt/?page_id=886

Thanks a lot!

5 REPLIES 5
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

If you've fixed the issue on your own please kindly share your solution. if the above posts help, please kindly mark it as a solution to help others find it more quickly.thanks!

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.
amitchandak
Super User
Super User
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good morning and sorry for my late reply!

Thanks a lot for the recommendation! It was not exactly what I was looking for, because the references you shared are traditional Gantts, that is, based on a timeline (dates). Yet it was extremely useful, and I will use one of those gantts in other representation I need.

Thanks for your valueable input!

Have a nice day!

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

I would think you could achieve that with a matrix visualization with conditional background color formatting.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good morning and sorry for my late reply!

Thanks a lot for the recommendation! It works, indeed, although it requires complex data structure and I was looking for something more friendly and straigthforward. Nonetheless, it works, and I thank you for your valueable input!

Have a nice day!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.