Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Projected Hours will not show for the future months....

I need help understanding how to populate future available work hours in my table.  Feb, Mar, Apr populate correctly but future months (May, Jun, Jul, etc) do not.  Attached is my table with the formula filtered for the Year 2020. I have also attached a visual of my Date Table which runs through 2028.Projected Available Hrs FormulaProjected Available Hrs FormulaDate Table - Work Hrs ColumnDate Table - Work Hrs Column

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous ,

So you wanna know how to calculate the available hours in futue months?

If so,you can create a calendar table ,then create 2 calculated columns using below dax expressions:

Month = MONTH('Table'[Date])
_Available hours = IF(WEEKDAY('Table'[Date],2)<6,8,0)

And you will see:

Annotation 2020-04-17 104702.png

If it isnt what you need,could you pls upload your .pbix file and share the link with us?

Here is the related .pbix file.

Best Regards,
Kelly
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-kelly-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Whether column [trWork Hours] contains the data about future months?Your measure seems no problem...If it's available,can you upload your .pbix file to onedrive business and share the link with us?Remember to remove the confidential information.

Best Regards,
Kelly
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Kelly, Greg,

The goal is to report the Projected Utilization each month going forward using the following formula:

Projected Utilization = Estimated Hours / Available Hours

At issue is, I cannot get to Projected Utilization for future months due to Available Hours being blank.

I don't need Available Hours to display in my table but I sure do need the Projected Utilization number.

Here is what my end result would look like if I have all 3 fields (Estimated Hours, Available Hours, Projected Utilization) displayed in my table:

Yellow is my goal.  Light blue is the problem as it is blank for future months.Yellow is my goal. Light blue is the problem as it is blank for future months.

Thank you both for trying to guide me.

Hi @Anonymous ,

So you wanna know how to calculate the available hours in futue months?

If so,you can create a calendar table ,then create 2 calculated columns using below dax expressions:

Month = MONTH('Table'[Date])
_Available hours = IF(WEEKDAY('Table'[Date],2)<6,8,0)

And you will see:

Annotation 2020-04-17 104702.png

If it isnt what you need,could you pls upload your .pbix file and share the link with us?

Here is the related .pbix file.

Best Regards,
Kelly
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Kelly,

Thank you for the formula's.  I recreated your and they validate that my calculations were exactly the same.  That led me to think the issue must be around relationships.  Your sample file validated that.  So I went into my file and worked the relationships and now I am getting the results I wanted.

Thank you for leading me down the path to solve my problem!

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Could you post sample information as text? What are you expecting to be the values for those future months? Why?

Please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.