Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vjnvinod
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Project start date and End date

Dear Experts,

I have a table "FCC Resource Plan" where the details of the resources along with their date of booking is available by various days

what i need is to 2 coloumn(Project start date and Project End date) from Booking Date coloumn

for project start date, i tried using the Dax below, but this is not correct, as the lines are repeating in all rows and values are same across all rows

Ideally it should iterate through each resources and show the min of that resources booking date only

how to write this calculated coloumn correctly or is it has to be done through measure?

Project Start date = MINX('FCC Resource Plan','FCC Resource Plan'[Booking Date].[Date])

vjnvinod_0-1663589296473.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@vjnvinod , Try a new column like, assume you have the project id

Project Start date = MINX(filter( 'FCC Resource Plan',[project id] = earlier([project id]) ) , 'FCC Resource Plan'[Booking Date].[Date])

View solution in original post

vjnvinod
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@amitchandak 

is there anything you can help me on this?

I tweaked your formula, but i have exclude the no booking dates as well, how do we modify this DAX?

Project End date2 = MAXX(filter( 'FCC Resource Plan',[GPN number] = earlier([GPN number]) ) , 'FCC Resource Plan'[Booking Date].[Date])

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
vjnvinod
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@amitchandak 

Fantastic, how about for the end date coloumn, how should be the formula?

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@vjnvinod , Try a new column like, assume you have the project id

Project Start date = MINX(filter( 'FCC Resource Plan',[project id] = earlier([project id]) ) , 'FCC Resource Plan'[Booking Date].[Date])

@amitchandak 

works like a charm

how about end date, something similar?

But i have to exclude "No Booking" from coloumn booking type for  End date

vjnvinod_0-1663591889921.png

that means Project end date should be by excluding the  max dates of "no booking"

vjnvinod
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@amitchandak 

is there anything you can help me on this?

I tweaked your formula, but i have exclude the no booking dates as well, how do we modify this DAX?

Project End date2 = MAXX(filter( 'FCC Resource Plan',[GPN number] = earlier([GPN number]) ) , 'FCC Resource Plan'[Booking Date].[Date])

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.