cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jsimmons25
Frequent Visitor

Project for Web App Outline Numbers missing from data tables

It appears that the outline numbers are missing from the Project Task Table. Also was msdyn_wbsid is not avalible either. Is there a way to access these or recreate via some formula? Our project manager would really like to be able to display these on the Power Bi reports.

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Project for Web App Outline Numbers missing from data tables

HI @jsimmons25,

Did these fields exist in your dataset tables? If not, I think you need to add additional data sources in your report to get data and store it in power bi.
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
jsimmons25
Frequent Visitor

Hello @v-shex-msft 

I'm using the New Project for Web which as far as I know is using the CDS in msdyn. The outline number field seems to be autopoulated by a calulation when a new task is added. You can see the column on the Grid Display. The screenshot below is an example project I'm using to test. Please let me know of there is anymore information that I can provide.

Kind Regards,

Jon Simmons

powerbi_the_new_project_for_web - Copy.png

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jsimmons25,

AFAIK, some fields not direct stored in your data table, so you need to check another table or major data tables for these fields. 

Notice: you have a table 'TEST' with 10 fields, 6 fields are direct and stored in the 'TEST' table; others are logic fields that stored in the main table and link with correspond table id.
BTW, you can also contact to product support to confirm if they provide any rest API that allows you to get these hidden/logic fields.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Klaudia
Frequent Visitor

I do have teh same issue it is critical for PM to be able to sie hirearchy in power bi based on teh outline name from Project for Web tool. Can you please advise what to do or impleement it quickly?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Announcing the New Spanish Forum

Announcing the New Spanish Forum

Do you need help in Spanish? Check out our new Spanish community section.

MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

‘Better Together’ Integration Forum Launch

‘Better Together’ Integration Forum Launch

We've launched a how-to forum where you can learn about how Power BI integrates with other Power Platform products.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors