Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Krizz83
Regular Visitor

Project Online Odata - "The user was not Authorized"

I am trying to connect to PowerBi with oData from our Project Online.

I keep getting "the User was not Authorized" when trying to signin using my Organizational account. I am 100% sure I am fully qualified for this access.

This is happening when trying to load the data once I selected the Table I want from oData feed.

I can also load the preview data.

Anyone would tell if he/she is facing/has faced same issue? And maybe how to address this?

3 REPLIES 3
xylus

I am also unable to form a connection to ProjectData via OData using PowerBI against multiple instances today.

This seems like a repitition of the situation that people experienced in July.

Yes, i also saw those.

Can someone from the PowerBI team comment on this?

What I found to be true about this error is that it might be spurious:

When I reduced the number of columns that I selected from in my query of the Projects table down from the 137 columns by 23 records to something more in the range of the 18 - 25 columns that I specifically need in my query - I found this problem went away.  So the question becomes - is the spurious error being created by a time-out, by a misread of the select all mechanism or what?

I realize that we want to simplify our data requests but this was a very simple query with a very limited subset of data - so I don't see why it should have choked in this way.

Happily I've gotten around it - that being said - this is going to confuse a whole lot of people.

Cheers!

Xylus

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.