Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

colbertjg
Regular Visitor

Project Online - Assignments ODATA Feed

Hello All,

I have a report that is connecting to Project Online via ODATA feed and trying to access the Assignments table.  This report was an active report in our system but now it is broken.  In Power BI data model, I can refresh the data and see rows in my table.  However, when I try to bring this into a visual (just a simple ProjectName table) it doesn't populate any data.  I can make this reoccur with a brand new report with no filters on it. 

I had a report that we were using and it appears over the weekend, something happened which now the Assignments table no longer works in a visualization.  All other tables from the ODATA feeds are working as usual.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jason

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@ankitpatira Thanks for the advice.  I logged in this morning and my reports are back to working.  Didn't change anything on my end and now Data is being populated.  Hope this doesn't happen too much more.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@colbertjg since you're saying you can see rows in table in Data view but nothing on visual, can you try removing that visual and recreating it and see if data appears that way ? also check you have not accidentally selected a filter or slicer. you can also use table visual and drop fields in there and check that is shows rows.

@ankitpatira after further review of my original post I believe I used the wrond terminology (still pretty new to Power BI).  I can see data in the Query Editor view and then I can click "Apply and Close".  Then when I try to do a simple visual, no data is rendered.  I have no filters and no slicers on the visual, page, or report.  I also am not filtering any data within the "Query Editor".

One thing I noticed, when I click on the "Data" button on the left of the main page, no data is showing there (but there is data when I refresh the preview in the Query Editor view).

Thanks,

Jason

@colbertjg If you are not seeing anything on the Data view that means no data has been imported in power bi. Simple thing to check is that you're using correct table for the visual. Instead of refresh preview can you do refresh all and see if you can see data in DATA view. Also in query editor, right click your table, Properties and ensure Enable Load to Report is checked.

@ankitpatira Thanks for the advice.  I logged in this morning and my reports are back to working.  Didn't change anything on my end and now Data is being populated.  Hope this doesn't happen too much more.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.