Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

victoriashenton
Frequent Visitor

Progress bars

Hi I need some help with progress bars. Thank you so much in advance to anyone that takes the time to help me.

I will like to be able to track the progress of 3 task each with 3 milestones (not started, in progress and completed) for multiple pupils. I will paste the sample tables below which I have in power bi as well as the kind of visual I would like. Also please could you let me know what the relationship between the 2 tables should be just so I can check I have that right.

Capture.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @victoriashenton ,

We can use the condition format in matrix visual to meet your requirement, but the progress bars is the round.

6.PNG7.PNG8.PNG

OR you can try to use the measure

ProgressBar = 
SWITCH (
    MAX ( 'StatusTable'[Status ID] ),
    1, UNICHAR ( 9646 ) &UNICHAR ( 9647 ) & UNICHAR ( 9647 ),
    2, UNICHAR ( 9646 ) & UNICHAR ( 9646 ) & UNICHAR ( 9647 ),
    3, UNICHAR ( 9646 ) &UNICHAR ( 9646 ) & UNICHAR ( 9646 )
)

9.PNG

We can also use the bullet visual, please refer to this similar thread: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-get-a-way-to-make-a-Progress-bar/td-p/94612

BTW, pbix as attached.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @victoriashenton ,

We can use the condition format in matrix visual to meet your requirement, but the progress bars is the round.

6.PNG7.PNG8.PNG

OR you can try to use the measure

ProgressBar = 
SWITCH (
    MAX ( 'StatusTable'[Status ID] ),
    1, UNICHAR ( 9646 ) &UNICHAR ( 9647 ) & UNICHAR ( 9647 ),
    2, UNICHAR ( 9646 ) & UNICHAR ( 9646 ) & UNICHAR ( 9647 ),
    3, UNICHAR ( 9646 ) &UNICHAR ( 9646 ) & UNICHAR ( 9646 )
)

9.PNG

We can also use the bullet visual, please refer to this similar thread: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-get-a-way-to-make-a-Progress-bar/td-p/94612

BTW, pbix as attached.

Best regards,

That's great thank you very much for the assistance. It was just what I was looking for! 

YJ
Resolver II
Resolver II

can you attach the excel file?

thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors