Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Hansss
Frequent Visitor

Products with combinations

Hi!

I run a webshop at www.drakfisken.se. It's based on Prestashop 1.7.

I'm a newbe trying to create some Power BI reports.

Let's say I sell a red T-shirt in my shop. Prestashop database has a structure with a Product-table (containing most product information such as prices, EAN and more).

But I sell this red T-shirt in S, M, L sizes. Prestashop also has a Product-attribute-table containing similar information as the product table. Some of the information here is unique but some is also related to the Product table. Such as the price for Size S = -1, Price for size L = +1 compared to product table.

My problem is that when I try to combine these two I get four combinations. I get:

1. Red shirt
2. Red shirt Size S
3. Red shirt Size M
4. Red shirt Size L

Any advice on how to combine/join these 2 dimensions in the best way? Or question so I can explain it in a better way?

//Hans

2 REPLIES 2
Ashish_Mathur
Super User
Super User

Hi,

Share some data and show the expected result.

Regards,
Ashish Mathur
http://www.ashishmathur.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusiasts/

First you can see the product table. Product with id_product 1100 has no variants. The EAN and price is on the product level.pbi1.JPG

Then you can see that id_product 1100 does not exist in the product attribute table since it has no variants.

pbi2.JPG

Product id_product 1102 exists in both product and product_attribute table since it has variants. The information such as price and EAN is stored on variant level in the product_attribute table. The information in the product table is useless when there are variants.

pbi3.JPG

What I would like to create is ONE table with products with and without variants.

id_product id_product_attribute  ean13price
1001null4260507580030188

This information I would then be able to match in good way with the price lists with EAN13 from the suppliers.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.