Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Labraham36
Helper I
Helper I

Problems with the order of the weeks

Matriz Semana.jpgHello community! I have a problem and it is getting difficult to solve it. I have a Matrix that is made up of Branches in the header of the rows and Week N ° in the header of the columns. It happens that in the weeks I have a problem with the order, since after the week 2021-1, instead of going to the week 2021-2, it goes to the week 2021-10. I do not know how to order it correctly. Any ideas? Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

You could also choose to format your current column like 2020-01 in stead of 2020-1 

This will work too sice 2020-02 is smaller than 2020-10

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Labraham36 ,

First make sure that the date field is not of Text type, otherwise it will not be able to sort. Change it to Date type and use "Sort by column". You can also try the solution provided by @Anonymous , which is also a good choice.

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information and test data. Let me know immediately, looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

You could also choose to format your current column like 2020-01 in stead of 2020-1 

This will work too sice 2020-02 is smaller than 2020-10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Create a column PeriodNumber in which you do year*100 + month

This column will show like 202001 202002 .. 202010 etc

If you sort your column based on this column your problem should be solved

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.