Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tgruenheit

Problems with slicer filtering both directions

Dear community,

I got a challenge with a filter table (Region & Business Unit) that I created - see picture below. The filter table is a merge of two separate tables: (Region) and (Business Unit) - as I need to be able to filer on a combination of those two.

Currently, I set one of the connections between the tables to "filter in both directions".

tgruenheit_0-1606229861256.png

Problem is that the filter is not working properly on all measures defined in table (Global Sales). It works fine for some few key figures, but for the some others nothing happens when choosing an entry on the filter table (Regions & Business Unit) - although the all come of the same data table (Global Sales).

I was wondering whether this is due to the bi-directional linkage of the table or lack of proper set-up.

Maybe some of you great guys got an idea of what could cause this.

If you need more details, please let me know.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @tgruenheit ,

As shown in your screenshot ,since you already have a relationship between Region &Business and Global Sales,which will make ambiguity if you create another relationship between Region &Business and Region,try to create a measure instead using "USERELATIONSHIP" function,see below for reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dax/userelationship-function-dax

Best Regards,
Kelly

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-kelly-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tgruenheit ,

Yes,I believe so,as you can see,the direction between Region and Region & Business is single,which means the table Region can filter the data in Region &Business,this will make filter table lose the filter function.

Modify the direction to both and test again.

v-kelly-msft_0-1606376786839.png

Best Regards,
Kelly

Thanks, Kelly. I already tried, but the model does not allow me to do so. I get following error message below. Probably since it's a one too many relationship.

Any smart tips on how to get around this?

tgruenheit_0-1606393779284.png

Hi @tgruenheit ,

As shown in your screenshot ,since you already have a relationship between Region &Business and Global Sales,which will make ambiguity if you create another relationship between Region &Business and Region,try to create a measure instead using "USERELATIONSHIP" function,see below for reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dax/userelationship-function-dax

Best Regards,
Kelly

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.