Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Problems with "If" formula

Hi

The problem is than i can´t use the formula "IF" when i am trying to compare a measure i create and a column.

I´m new in Power BI

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

No Problemo mi amigo. Mi espanol es mal, pero Google Translate works lol. That error is usually due to trying to create a measure instead of a calculated column. Check out the link below:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Measure-single-value-cannot-be-determined/td-p/65612

If you were trying to create another measure, you will likely need to create a calculated column instead.

If this helps please give Kudos

If this fixes your problem please accept it as a solution

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Tad17
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hey @Anonymous 

Can you post a copy of your formula?

Some ideas:

Make sure you are using proper syntax.

If you are referencing other tables make sure to use the correct syntax for referencing other tables as well.

If your measure result and column are in different formats you may have to use the FORMAT function to get them to compare properly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

The formula i am using is the next:

A3 = IF([MTTR DIC]>[META MAX MTTR];1;0)
Where [MTTR DIC] is a measure  and [META MAX MTTR] is colmumn of datas.

The error is:
"No se puede determinar el valor para 'META MAX MTTR'. Puede que 'META MAX MTTR' no exista o que actualmente no haya ninguna fila para la columna 'META MAX MTTR'." Is in spanish, sorry.

No Problemo mi amigo. Mi espanol es mal, pero Google Translate works lol. That error is usually due to trying to create a measure instead of a calculated column. Check out the link below:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Measure-single-value-cannot-be-determined/td-p/65612

If you were trying to create another measure, you will likely need to create a calculated column instead.

If this helps please give Kudos

If this fixes your problem please accept it as a solution

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks that helped a lot.

But now I have another problem.

The formula [MTTR DIC] mentioned above its affected by a filter I create, so, when I change the filter, "A3" should change too because this one depends on [MTTR DIC] but it doesnt change.

How can I fix that?

Thanks Amigo 

Hey @Anonymous 

If my other post solved your initial question please accept it as the solution.

For your next question. I'm not sure I entirely understand. Where is the filtering happening?

Suggestions:

You can either use the FILTER function in your formula: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dax/filter-function-dax

Or the LOOKUPVALUE function to lookup the value for the "A3" vaiable based on the filter: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dax/lookupvalue-function-dax

LOOKUPVALUE functions much like vlookup in excel.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @Tad17 

The measure [MTTR DIC] depends on variable call "ZONA".

Now, like you helped me, I create a calculated column like this:

A3 = IF([MTTR DIC]>[META MAX MTTR];1;0)                                            ([META MAX MTTR] is a column of datas)

But the problem is than I can´t modify the datas of A3 with the filter like i do with  [MTTR DIC], although both (A3 and  [MTTR DIC]) depends  on "ZONA".

I put some pictures below for better understanding 

1.PNG2.PNG

Hey @Anonymous 

Is Zona in a separate table and if so have you built the relationship between the columns?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.