Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

sevastr

Problems with Drag and Drop in Query Editing

Hi Everebody!

I have got problem with Drag and Drop objects in Query Editor. Look, I am clicking on the object and moving up. It Does not works.  Do you know why?

Thanks a lot! 

2018-04-02_10-55-17.gif

16 REPLIES 16
sebadb9
Advocate V
Advocate V

This bug has been fixed recently in a new release of power BI desktop.

please mark this as a solution, to close the thread

This does appear to be fixed again @sebadb9 .  Thanks for letting us know 🙂  I cannot mark your reply as the solution though.

If this is the case - fabuous.

And bizarrely it is exactly one year since I added my voice to this issue 😲

zedleb
Frequent Visitor

We used to all have the download version but we've recently installed the MS store version to ensure automatic updates across the team - and now I've lost this really crucial function!  Not being able to group and order the queries makes for messy development.

Is this issue logged with PBI team?

I haven't reported this issue...but I think it was previously reported and either not fixed or reintroduced.

I suggest submitting a support ticket: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro/ticket/

I'm using the .exe install version, so am not facing this issue.

I did submit a support ticket, but since it worked via the EXE installer, they just closed it.

Anyone an idea why there is different functionality? Can Store apps not use all libraries or something?

I wish MS took their Store more serious. The auto updating is too good to revert back to the .exe installer.

almost 2020 and it's still not working for the store version....

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm facing the same issue and using the latest update as well

Anonymous
Not applicable

Even I'm facing the same issue the drag and drop doesn't work. I'm using the latest version of Power Bi.

After opening a ticket with MSFT support, I found that using the MSI version rather than the Microsoft Store app resolved this issue for me. Hope that info is useful to someone.

Speaking MSI version August 2018 and Microsoft Store version August 2018.

I do confirm that the MSI version of power BI desktop does support drag & drop for queries & applied steps!
The MSI version is that version which you can download from app.powerbi.com, in the top right you see a download button.

Unfortunately the Microsoft Store version does NOT support the drag & drop. I really hope the power BI team picks this up and fix this.

This problem is still present in the April 2019 Microsoft Store version.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Even I'm facing the same issue. I'm using the latest update of Power Bi.

v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @sevastr

I have made a test with Power BI Desktop (Version 2.56.5023.942 64-bit (March 2018)), everything works well.

Please update your Power BI Desktop and have a try.

Additionally, I suggest that you could try to get other data source and have a try. 

If you still have issue with a simple data source, I suggest you could restart your device and reopen Power BI Desktop.

If you still have this issue after the options above, you could uninstall the Power BI Desktop and reinstall it.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
rocky09
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

which version of Power BI you are using? I have just checked and i can easily drag and drop tables.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.