cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Problems Refreshing Dataset After installing September Update

After installing the September update I could not refresh any of my tables. I uninstalled the latest (September) version of Power BI and reinstalled the previous version. After reinstalling the previous version I had no problems refreshing any of my datasets.  Has anyone had this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Re: Problems Refreshing Dataset After installing September Update

All my problems go away as well when I downgrade to an earlier version. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted

Same issues here. Refreshing excel datasets isn't properly working anymore with the September update. After installing the August version again it works. It was just one column (one with a % in the header) that seemed to cause problems.

Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Same issue here. 

They changed the Query system and how errors are handled, but never even mentioned it in the release notice. 

Broke every report I have, had to downgrade, after the downgrade everything is fine.

Highlighted
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

Same problem here among other problems. 

Can someone point me to where I can find older versions?  I can only find the latest version.  I'd like to downgrade so I can get things working again.

Rose

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @cheid1977,

I downloaded latest version ot Power BI desktopo and tested it on my local environment, we cannot reproduce this issue.
Capture.PNG

In your scenario, which type of data source are you using? The latest version of Power BI desktop is available on the link below
https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/desktop/

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

I am refreshing and/or loading new .CSV or .txt files using the "import from folder"function.

Highlighted
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

Right now all of the files I'm using are TXT files.  The errors I was getting had to do with the Zip Code column which it was importing as numeric and because there are Canadian Zip Codes, it was causing an error.  Nothing I tried worked, which included me changing the column type to Alpha, it would still give me errors in that column.  This was only 1 of several columns where I was receiving errors, but it was enough to stop the refresh.

Rose

Highlighted
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

P.S.  I have since downgraded to the August version and all my problems are gone.

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

All my problems go away as well when I downgrade to an earlier version. 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Blog

Community Blog

Visit our Community Blog for articles, guides, and information created by fellow community members.

Using the Community

Using the Community

Need help with the Power BI Community? Our 'Using the Community' support articles are a great place to start.

Community Summit North America

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow. The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors