Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

cheid1977
Helper I
Helper I

Problems Refreshing Dataset After installing September Update

After installing the September update I could not refresh any of my tables. I uninstalled the latest (September) version of Power BI and reinstalled the previous version. After reinstalling the previous version I had no problems refreshing any of my datasets.  Has anyone had this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

All my problems go away as well when I downgrade to an earlier version. 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Roseventura
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Right now all of the files I'm using are TXT files.  The errors I was getting had to do with the Zip Code column which it was importing as numeric and because there are Canadian Zip Codes, it was causing an error.  Nothing I tried worked, which included me changing the column type to Alpha, it would still give me errors in that column.  This was only 1 of several columns where I was receiving errors, but it was enough to stop the refresh.

Rose

P.S.  I have since downgraded to the August version and all my problems are gone.

All my problems go away as well when I downgrade to an earlier version. 

v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @cheid1977,

I downloaded latest version ot Power BI desktopo and tested it on my local environment, we cannot reproduce this issue.
Capture.PNG

In your scenario, which type of data source are you using? The latest version of Power BI desktop is available on the link below
https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/desktop/

Regards,

Charlie Liao

@v-caliao-msft  I also can't refresh, but my source is a Dataflow.  Tries to connect for about 30 minutes before I give up and cancel it.  Going to downgrade.

Edit:   @v-caliao-msft  Confirming downgrading to August 2021 allows the refresh, whereas September 2021 does not.

I am refreshing and/or loading new .CSV or .txt files using the "import from folder"function.

DSimma
Advocate II
Advocate II

Same issue here. 

They changed the Query system and how errors are handled, but never even mentioned it in the release notice. 

Broke every report I have, had to downgrade, after the downgrade everything is fine.

Same problem here among other problems. 

Can someone point me to where I can find older versions?  I can only find the latest version.  I'd like to downgrade so I can get things working again.

Rose

MaBla2

Same issues here. Refreshing excel datasets isn't properly working anymore with the September update. After installing the August version again it works. It was just one column (one with a % in the header) that seemed to cause problems.

Hi All

For me i encount the same issue , when i try to install Dec 2022 version. ( my org version is June 2022 ).

My issue is i am unable to refresh  , it get credential error.

After i downgrade to June version , it work fine.

Paul

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.