Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Problem with using custom report theme

I have tried to produce a custom report theme.

I am following the steps and documentation from here: MS documentation

I have also looked through the attempt to document json-tags here: Curbal Theme template by Ruth

Here is my code as of now:

{
    "name": "XXX Report Theme",
    "dataColors": ["#A66999", "#DBC3D6", "#8AD4EB", "#FD625E", "#F9F9F9", "#FFFFFF", "#FFFFFF", "#FFFFFF"],
    "background": "#F9F9F9",
    "foreground": "#DBC3D6",
    "tableAccent": "#FD625E",
	"visualStyles":{
		"slicer":{
			"*":{
				"selection":[{
"singleSelect": false, "selectAllCheckboxEnabled": false }], "header":[{ "show": false, "fontColor": { "solid": { "color": "#FFFFFF" } }, "background": { "solid": { "color": "#A66999" } } }], "cardTitle":[{ "show": true, "color": { "solid": { "color": "#FD625E" } }, "background": { "solid": { "color": "#8AD4EB" } } }] } } } }

Visual title settings.pngMy theme works for the "selection" and "header" card properties, but not for "cardTitle". I fyou can see in the screenshot to the right, what I want to control is the "Font color" and "Background color" for the "Title" section.

The problem is that I cannot find any corresponding json-name to use to control this. I have looked at the documentation and also tried to identify the card property group from the properties that should be there, given the appearance of the "Title" section but sadly I haven't been able to find any solution.

I also tried to reverse engineer the json-tag by looking at HTML from within Power BI Service. This is the div-tag containing the title for my slicer:

<div class="visualTitle preTextWithEllipsis" ng-if="viewModel.visualTitleVisible()" title="Test" apply-style="::viewModel.readOnlyState.titleStyle" ng-bind="viewModel.visualTitle.text" style="visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(166, 105, 153); color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-size: 12px; height: 16px;">Test</div>

Compare this to the corresponding div-tag for a header element (with the overlay menu removed):

<div class="slicer-header-title" style="border-style: solid; 
border-color: rgb(128, 128, 128); border-width: 0px; display: flex;
background-color: rgb(166, 105, 153);">
<span class="slicer-header-clear" title="Clear selections" style="display: none;"></span>
<h2 class="slicer-header-text" title="Type" style="font-size: 12px; font-family: &quot;Segoe UI&quot;, wf_segoe-ui_normal, helvetica, arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">Type</h2>
</div>

It seems like a "visualTitle" is amore general property than "slicer-header". 

Right now it doesn't seem possible to control the title properties using a report them. If anyone has a better understanding, please let me know.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I found this link that does help a bit. the possible choices indicate the settings that are possible to change.

Report Theme Generator V3

Edit - I managed to find the answer to my question in this thread link. Sadly it is not possible to control the title settings at this time.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

I found this link that does help a bit. the possible choices indicate the settings that are possible to change.

Report Theme Generator V3

Edit - I managed to find the answer to my question in this thread link. Sadly it is not possible to control the title settings at this time.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.