Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

maxlgv
Frequent Visitor

Problem with table visual and relationship

Hello everyone!

I am trying to create a table visual with multiple fields from one table , and one field from another table.

I have created a relationship between these two tables by creating a intermediary table containing distinct values :

relation maurice.png

I am trying to add "PRODNomFormateur" from the table Formateur in a table visual containing multiple fields from VenteDetails

But when adding it, i get an error "can't display the data because PowerBI can't determine the relationship between two or more fields".

Can someone help me?

thanks !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

@maxlgv

try change the relationship to both (bi directional) rather than single for both tables

double click on teh relationship and when the box comes up change from single to both

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
snoelle1

I am having the same issue, but changing the relationships to multi-directional did not work.  I still cannot get data from both tables to populate a visual

vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

@maxlgv

try change the relationship to both (bi directional) rather than single for both tables

double click on teh relationship and when the box comes up change from single to both

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Greetings,

I am having the same problem but making relationships cross filter direction as BOTH does not solve it, it is still unable to relate the fields of three tables in just one...

It is the same case, a main table in the middle, with two 1-* relationships. The middle table + values of one of the others works perfectly, but when I try to 'merge' all the tables in one visual, it shows the error.

Are there other ways to fix this problem?

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous did u get solution for this?

I am having the same issue -- except with 4 tables.  I have set the filtering direction for all the table relationships to 'both.'

My scenario:

• Table A
  • Table AB -- which links Table A and Table B
  • Table B
  • Table BC -- which links Table B to Table C

I can add fields from Table A, AB and B (or 3 tables in the other direction e.g. BC, B and AB), but as soon as I add a field from the 4th table I get the dreaded "Can't display the visual" error.

Any suggestions?

@vanessafvgThanks a lot !!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.