Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
agulac Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Problem with relation between diferents tables and dates

Hi, 

I got this data relations

https://ibb.co/btgHW8

I got 2 tables : tbl_CloudHardwareServices_trend and tbl_ConvergedHardwareServices_trend.

Inside the tables i got this rows:

IssuesTesting - IssuesInstallPlan- IssuesValidationPlan- IssuesRollBack - IssuesRollBackDecision - IssuesSchedule - IssuesType - IssuesTiming -IssuesDescription - IssuesApproval - IssuesOther - IssuesRiskAssessment - Date

i need to create a a visual, who sum all that row values for each table and have a date selector ( like you can see in the first image of the relation )

So i sum all the MAX values from each row, and was expecting that the relation filtered value works with a date selector, but this not work.

This is the Max SUM:

Issues ConvergedHardware = 
MAX('tbl_ConvergedHardwareServices_trend'[IssuesTesting] ) + MAX('tbl_ConvergedHardwareServices_trend'[IssuesInstallPlan] ) + MAX('tbl_ConvergedHardwareServices_trend'[IssuesValidationPlan] ) + MAX('tbl_ConvergedHardwareServices_trend'[IssuesRollBack] ) + MAX('tbl_ConvergedHardwareServices_trend'[IssuesRollBackDecision] ) + MAX('tbl_ConvergedHardwareServices_trend'[IssuesSchedule] ) + MAX('tbl_ConvergedHardwareServices_trend'[IssuesType] ) + MAX('tbl_ConvergedHardwareServices_trend'[IssuesRollBackDecision] ) + MAX('tbl_ConvergedHardwareServices_trend'[IssuesSchedule] ) + MAX('tbl_ConvergedHardwareServices_trend'[IssuesType] ) + MAX('tbl_ConvergedHardwareServices_trend'[IssuesTiming] ) + MAX('tbl_ConvergedHardwareServices_trend'[IssuesDescription] ) + MAX('tbl_ConvergedHardwareServices_trend'[IssuesApproval] ) + MAX('tbl_ConvergedHardwareServices_trend'[IssuesOther] ) + MAX('tbl_ConvergedHardwareServices_trend'[IssuesRiskAssessment] )

Please, i need help.

Thank you! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Problem with relation between diferents tables and dates

Hi @agulac,

From your description, I could not figure out the “rows” you mentioned, it seemed the rows are all columns, right? If so, It could work on my side like the picture below:

1.I have entered some sample data:

A.PNG

2.MaxA = MAX([A])+MAX([B])

MaxB = MAX([C])+MAX([D])

3.Create two Card visuals and a slicer visual, add related field and you can see the correct result.

E.PNG

If I misunderstood you, could you please offer me more information about your data structure or share your pbix file if possible? Also you can test with our sample report on your side to see if the same issue occurs.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4uf98kbbv2r0ydq/Problem%20with%20relation%20between%20diferents%20tables%2...

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @agulac,

From your description, I could not figure out the “rows” you mentioned, it seemed the rows are all columns, right? If so, It could work on my side like the picture below:

1.I have entered some sample data:

A.PNG

2.MaxA = MAX([A])+MAX([B])

MaxB = MAX([C])+MAX([D])

3.Create two Card visuals and a slicer visual, add related field and you can see the correct result.

E.PNG

If I misunderstood you, could you please offer me more information about your data structure or share your pbix file if possible? Also you can test with our sample report on your side to see if the same issue occurs.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4uf98kbbv2r0ydq/Problem%20with%20relation%20between%20diferents%20tables%2...

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
agulac Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Thank you!! your solution works like charm!