cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: Problem with map and postal code

For the UK should it be United Kingdom? e.g. the contect of the field reads United KingdomCO4 5JL.

Highlighted
Helper IV
Helper IV

I've been doing mapping in PowerBI and Excel and all require at least three fields to render correctly. Sometimes, the polygon isn't right or broken but it should work if you have these fields:

Country

Zipcode (make sure you format them correctly - I use excel to format each country)

State

County

Address

This is a lot of extra work but it gives more info to the cloud service.

Highlighted

I have a problem with a US postal code showing on the European side of the Map.  I am only trying to get shipments out of our facilities by zip code but have state and country as part of the definition.  Still, I have the following data:

MonthFacilityWeightCustNameCITYStateZip
FebruaryCOLUMBUS19540A*****DORALFL33192

And it seems to think this is in Scandinavia somewhere.  I will try adding street address and see if it makes any difference.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

The problem may be that the zip code 33192 is not really in Doral but in Miami. 

https://tools.usps.com/go/ZipLookupResultsAction!input.action?resultMode=2&companyName=&address1=&ad...

The lookup that Power BI is using would like it better if this said Miami. Sometimes, you may need to edit  the zip code (after reading it in) to fit the visualization. 

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

I'm having a problem with Globe map, it doesn't allow me to drop longitude and latitude in their field in the visual. Both long and lat have data type as longitude and latitude respectively and are formatted as decimal number and set to don't aggregate. Same happend with the filled map.

Any help pleas3?
Highlighted
Advocate III
Advocate III

I have the same problem for AU.

Please help

Highlighted
Advocate III
Advocate III

It did not work for me !!

Highlighted
Advocate III
Advocate III

Hi @niasha do you have an example of an address that's not working for you?

thanks

Highlighted
Advocate III
Advocate III

Yes 

Australia 2570

2570, Australia 

2570, Au

Highlighted
Advocate III
Advocate III

Untitled.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Blog

Community Blog

Visit our Community Blog for articles, guides, and information created by fellow community members.

Using the Community

Using the Community

Need help with the Power BI Community? Our 'Using the Community' support articles are a great place to start.

Community Summit North America

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow. The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors