Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Kolumam
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Problem with filtering data

I have a bar chart which shows "signed projects" and "newly operational in month" for every month. When I click on Signed projects it is able to filter the table and gives a breakdown, but when I click on Newly operational in month it goes blank.

See the attached screenshots.

Capture.PNG

When I click on Signed in Month the below table is filtered for that particular month. For example Sep 2017

sd.PNG

When I click on "Newly Operation in Month"....actually I am not even able to click it. so When I try to click on this, it shows the same but for sep it is supposed to show 0 and for Nov it should show just 0.7 (from the first table)

I checked the relationships but it exists. Please help. Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Jmenas
Advocate III
Advocate III

HI @Kolumam,

I think you need to check if you are calculating the newly operational in month with a measure or is a column?

If that is the case then. Is the measure linked to another table? if yes then check the relationships and how is connected. The automatic relationships are not always right. 
If not check that the data are correctly format or if there is data hole in those months. 

I hope that helps, otherwise, you can always share a sample data set as suggested by @v-shex-msft.

Best,
J.

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Kolumam,

I'm not so clarity "newly operational in month" means, is it a measure or one legend?
If measure, current power bi not support use measure as the filter.
If legend, I think you need to check on your relationship mapping and settings.

BTW, it will be help if you share some sample data for test.

Notice: if your contents contain any privacy data, please do mask sensitive data before sharing.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi v-shex-msft,

If what you're saying is true, how come it is able to filter "Signed in Month" which is also a measure. 

Signed in Month  - Measure

Newly Operational in Month - Measure

It has sensitive data which I am not supposed to share. Are you in Skype ?

HI @Kolumam,

When you click on chart which has multiple measures as value fields, other visuals not filtered by measure.
Actual, power bi will use the axis label as filter parameter.

>>It has sensitive data which I am not supposed to share.

Maybe you can try to create a sample with some fake data, similar relationship and table structure.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.