Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

trevor
Helper I
Helper I

Problem with filtered report since January 2018 update

Since April 2018 update when filtering a visualization by date you have to type in the date in American format - the option to select a date from the calendar pop up no longer works.

6 REPLIES 6
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there.

Have you doubled checked your regional settings where you are creating the Power BI Reports?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Yes I have

mmace1
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

I'm on April and not able to reproduce that (see screenshot below). 

1.) Is your data still in date/time format?  

2.) Sounds dumb but...have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling Power BI?  Mine was wonky a few months back after an update (in an equally annoying way), and starting 'fresh' fixed it. 

Capture.PNG

I'm on Version: 2.57.5068.721 64-bit (April 2018) - apologies - subject line should have said April not January.

The problem persists. The calendar displays, but when you click on the date within it, it does not transfer into the filter - nothing happens.

If you type in the date in mm/dd/yy format only, then it will accept the value and the filter works.

mmace1
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Did you try reinstalling Power BI? 

If yes - 

If you add a totally new date table, does the same issue arise with it?  You can add a quick Calendar table by going to 

Modeling > New Table

Then entering this:  

Calendar Table = CALENDAR(DATE(2017,01,01),DATE(year(now()),month(now()),day(now())))

Then if you tried to make a filter on that table - same issue, or does that one work? 

Sorry, I'm not being clear.

The problem is with any table. If a field in that table has a date field and I want to filter the results by a date range, whereas before this update there was a small icon you could click to choose the date, that functionality no longer works.

A fascinating discovery I have made is that if I copy the offending table to a new page, hey presto! the functionailty returns.

So the actual solution to the problem is to create a new page, copy the table to it, go back to the original page and delete it, then copy the new copy back to it. Hopefully MS will fix whatever causes this in the next update - I have about 30 tables to do this to.

Maybe uninstalling/reinstalling might fix it = I'll give that a go if I get the time.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.