Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

love
Helper I
Helper I

Problem with displaying correct calculated measure values in column charts

Hello all.

File with dummy data: https://www.dropbox.com/s/f6gnlzorq6tri9z/MockUp.pbix?dl=0

Untitled.jpg

User story: "AllocatedSelected" in the top left table is a calculated measure that returns a specific value for the selected time range in the date slicer - the value being hours of work. I want to be able to sum this value up for each configuration and visualize those values in a column chart.

Current behavior: If a configuration exists more than once, the value displayed in the column chart is 0 (you can test this by using the "Tasks" filter which as a consequence will only leave 1 value per configuration - it works fine then but not if a configuration has more than 1 value).

Expected behavior: If a configuration exists more than once than the sum of those values is displayed in the column chart. Example: If the "AllocatedSelected" value for Configuration A in Task 1 is 50 and the value for Configuration A in Task 2 is 25 then I would expect the column chart to return me a column for Configuration A with the value of 75.

Thanks,

-L

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @love

Try this MEASURE

Measure =
SUMX ( ALLSELECTED ( Tasks[Task] ), [AllocatedSelected] )

Regards
Zubair

Please try my custom visuals

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
love
Helper I
Helper I

@Zubair_Muhammad: You helped me already when I was in the process of creating some related measures in a previous thread.  

Would you please be so kind to have a look and potentially support me with my new challenge here? Robot Happy

Hi @love

Try this MEASURE

Measure =
SUMX ( ALLSELECTED ( Tasks[Task] ), [AllocatedSelected] )

Regards
Zubair

@love

Please see attached file here

Regards
Zubair

Looks great! Thank you @Zubair_Muhammad for your support, as always. Much appreciated ❤️

I am not at my work station currently and want to give this solution a try with my actual data set. I will set this thread as completed right when I was able to confirm that.

Thanks again!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.