Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Joretha
Regular Visitor

Problem with data type from an excel file

Hi. I am new to BI, although I've already used Power Query. I now try to import a sheet from an Excel file. The file size is 42 MB (I have the free version but that allows you up to 1GB, so this should not be a problem?) and the data in the sheet covers 52 columns and 55871 rows. When I import it, it gives me an error message to say the data was cut because of the size. The upload and modify are blanked out, so I can only choose cancel - and therefore not importing my data into Power BI. Why is this a problem? (the problem, choice options are free translations, my computer is in French)

Also, I could not connect as it does not want to accept my gmail address (and neither my yahoo.fr). I've then used another address that I have that ends .com, even though I don't really want to use this as an option as it is an address I have with a company I do work for from time to time, but MS also does not want to accept this. How on earth am I suppose to connect if they don't accept these addresses? I'm not going to pay for a domain or email address and then afterwards find out they don't even want to accept that! I'm also not sure why I should connect since the screen and functionality of Power BI comes up on my computer, which is why I started to import the data (but perhaps this is the reason for the problem?).

I would very much appreciate assistance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you - I have managed to solve the problem by myself :). It was a very stupid error, but if you don't know it, you can be stuck like I was. In fact, I have used click & double click on the table to import, but this kept the load & edit blanked out. There is actually a little square in front of the table name (i haven't even noticed before...) - you need to click that tick box in order to enable the options to load/edit.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.