Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mimasix
Regular Visitor

Problem with data from a flat source, that contains a dot "."

Hi guys, I'm trying to import some data from a flat file *.csv I got some errors with the number data type, that contains a dot. Could you please give me a tip, how to set it to a step, that will be done automatically-each time when I will load an updated file.

Screenshots:

http://prntscr.com/klmy56

https://prnt.sc/klmvr7

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank You, Frank. I found another way to resolve the problem. There was an option in the Excell programme that I need to change. 

I discovered that the new version of Excell 2016 switches the default separator. The solution is to edit the setting and switch it to the one we won't.

image.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mimasix,

Could you please have a try using my way?

Firstly, when importing data from csv to Power BI Desktop,  please choose "Edit" in  the following screenshot to load data.

1.PNG

Secondly, delete the "Change Type" step in "APPLIED STEPS". 

2.PNG

Please have a try using this way, if the issue still occur, kindly share your csv file to me.

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Thank You, Frank. I found another way to resolve the problem. There was an option in the Excell programme that I need to change. 

I discovered that the new version of Excell 2016 switches the default separator. The solution is to edit the setting and switch it to the one we won't.

image.png

Hi @mimasix,

Awesome, kindly mark your answer as a solution to close the case please.

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.