Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jhorta
Frequent Visitor

Problem with custom added Date column

I'm having this problem with a table. I imported the data, and the date column is in Unix time seconds. To convert this date column to date, I added a custom column, with this formula:

(#datetime(1970, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0) + #duration(0, 0, 0, date))

Then when I go back and create a relationship with my Calendar table, the date filter doesn't work at all with this table, it just gets random dates, or similar, not really what the column has.

I am not sure if it has something to do with this, but the resulting column gets a text type by default, which I change to Date succesfully, or apparently. I have tried some other things here and there, and I even isolated the problem in a much smaller project, and it has the same exact odd results.

I've been chasing my tail the whole day, maybe someone has seen this before, please advise.

Here's a quick demo of what's going on: https://imgur.com/xF04Y41

PS: i can share the small project if that's helpful, not sure if it's safe to share a dropbox link here.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jhorta
Frequent Visitor

OK, the problem was the format, so that the relationship works just fine, both dates should be Dates, the column in the other table was DateTime, apparently that's why it wouldn't fall in the range.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
jhorta
Frequent Visitor

OK, the problem was the format, so that the relationship works just fine, both dates should be Dates, the column in the other table was DateTime, apparently that's why it wouldn't fall in the range.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors