Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kzagorsky
Regular Visitor

Problem with connections between tables

Hi,

I have a problem with the model I’ve built, this is a model of student payments for courses and the costs of the courses per course type. The model also includes a table of registration which summarizes who is registered for which course (not all courses are active).

When I perform a calculation of “pending payments” to understand the amount each student still needs to pay (course price – amount paid), it works per student name. However, when I want to see it in the course level, it doesn’t work.

I’ve also tried to calculate the course costs and profit; however, I don’t know how to add the connection to the registration table. Currently it summarizes the total costs for all the courses types, but it doesn’t refer to the registration table and how many courses of each type were opened. And it doesn’t refer to how many students are registered for each course type for the profit.

I’m a little lost and would appreciate your help.

Thank you,

Katia

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=FC8AC2C0DAF8090D&id=FC8AC2C0DAF8090D%21104&parId=FC8AC2C0DAF8090D%211...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@kzagorsky,

According to your description, you may check relationship and set cross filter direction to 'Both' in the Edit relationship dialog if necessary.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@kzagorsky,

According to your description, you may check relationship and set cross filter direction to 'Both' in the Edit relationship dialog if necessary.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=FC8AC2C0DAF8090D&id=FC8AC2C0DAF8090D%21104&parId=FC8AC2C0DAF8090D%211...Hi,

I've actually set the cross filter direction to 'Both', but it still doesn't solve the problew.

Pleae see pbix attached.

Thank you,

Katia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.