Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Problem with connecting dataflow in desktop

Hello community members, 

I made a power bi dataflow in the online version. I think everything went well, because there are no errors... see the result in the next visual...

Sander84_1-1622800999432.png

Now I want to connect this dataflow with the desktop. In the desktop, I select

Sander84_0-1622793718126.png

In the next step the the dataflow FuN and it says 'table is empty... 

Sander84_0-1622800117759.png

Does anyone has an idea what is happening or going wrong? Especially because the other one in the dataflow 'Origineel' gives no problem at all...

Hope to hear soon from you! 

Best regards, 

Sander

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-henryk-mstf , 

Found out the problem. When I copy an query from the advanced editor in the Desktop environment and a copy paste it in an online dataflow 'blank query', I needed to hit the refresh button after I saved the dataflow, in order to see the data. It was that little last step that caused the problems...

Thanks for your help! 

Cheers, Sander

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

I did a test and successfully connected to the Power Platform dataflows data source, but failed to reproduce your problem. Try to reconnect in the latest version of Powerbi Desktop:

v-henryk-mstf_0-1623051023209.png

v-henryk-mstf_1-1623051157996.png

download link: Download Microsoft Power BI Desktop from Official Microsoft Download Center

If the problem is still not resolved, provide detailed operation steps screenshots and data source information. I will answer for you as soon as possible, looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-henryk-mstf 

Thanks for your tips. I Installed the latest version, but same result... Tomorrow I have a meeting with a Power BI consultant and I will ask him first if I do something wrong... In case he doesn't have a final solution, I contact you with further information...

Best regards, Sander 

Hi @Anonymous ,

Wait for your feedback.

Best regards,

Henry

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-henryk-mstf , 

Found out the problem. When I copy an query from the advanced editor in the Desktop environment and a copy paste it in an online dataflow 'blank query', I needed to hit the refresh button after I saved the dataflow, in order to see the data. It was that little last step that caused the problems...

Thanks for your help! 

Cheers, Sander

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , Can you try power bi dataflow, I think you are using power platform dataflow

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amitchandak Same result... any other suggestions?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.