Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

aitorNAV
Regular Visitor

Problem with business central DataSource

Hi everyone,

A few weeks ago, we created an integration of powerBi and business central. The scheduled refresh was working correctly, until we received this error:

aitorNAV_0-1593009712449.png

In the desktop powerBI app, I tried to connect again to business central, and I get this:

aitorNAV_1-1593009800840.png

"Unexpected error: The specified method is not compatible"

We didn't made any aparent changes on our developments in  BC.

Any hint avbout this issue?

Thank you all

7 REPLIES 7
jmarek31
Frequent Visitor

What version of of Business Central are you on? The one I am working on is 16.2 and has the same issues. So I am thinking it is an issues with the version of BC and the connector in Power BI do not work together. I am trying to see if there is a fix some where to get connected but cannot find an update for Power BI or a change for BC.

Hello,

I am also using 16.2, it's a SaaS installation, so it's always upgraded.

I can't believe that this might be a problem, but lokking ot the results I've had from different test, I can't discard it....

I've tried to connect via oData to the non-standard web services of that tennant, without any problem.

It's quite strange, but it's an important problem....

Hi everyone,

I've unpublished the webSerivces, and published them again, and at first time, still didn't work. But after a time, suddenly started working again... Quite strange, but well, it's working now...

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@aitorNAV can you see other tables available in the BC? Seems like something changed at the endpoint, not sure if it is this particular table or it is a connection.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Thanks for your answer @parry2k .

I get this error if I try to use business entral as dataSource. Instead of that, if I try to use oData as data source, and add the only oData service that is not in the standard, I didn't get the error. So i understand that the problem is not in that table.... I admit that I am quite lost

@aitorNAV can you start a new pbix and test odata to see if you can connect and then we can come back to existing report. First and foremost you have to connect to data source and see if you can pull the tables.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

I am opening the powerBI without without any pbix,  I'm using a new one jsut for testing the sources....

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.