Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

arouillard
Regular Visitor

Problem with Treemap

Hello Power Communauty, 

I have a little problem with the Treepmap visualisation.

I have 2 measures, one representing the Market size (Box size) and the second representing the Market Share (Color). 

I would like see where I can have opportunity on a big Market with a bad Market Share. 

My objective is to have in red, every areas below the Market Share Average, and in green, every areas upper than the Market Share Average.

I think I did the right configuration, but I have some problem with the middle of the color settings : 

Sans titre.png

As you can see, my average is at 1,91%, for every countries, and I have the "UK and Ireland" at 4,99% in white... With 4,99%, should be in green... It's the same with Spain at 2,29%, it's in Red but it's more than the 1,91% of the average...it's really weird !

Seems that the middle of the color saturation is near 5% (white color) and not at 1,9%...

Do someone already had this problem ? Do you have a solution?

Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@arouillard,

By default, the lowest value in your data is mapped to the least saturated color, and the highest value to the most saturated color. Center value is just the arithmetic mean of Minimum and Maximum, not all values. You may set them manually through Data colors section in Format pane.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-service-tips-and-tricks-for-color-formatti...

As an alternative, use SIGN Function to create a calculated column.

Color Saturation Flag =
SIGN ( Table1[Column3] - AVERAGE ( Table1[Column3] ) )
Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
arouillard
Regular Visitor

Think I understood the problem.

The color saturation don't take the VALUE as center, but that take the Center between the Higest and the Smallest Value.

For example, If I have Value A = 10 and B = 1000, the color saturation will take (1000-10)/2=495 and not (1000+10)/2=505...

That's why ! Do someone have an idea to correct that ?

Regards,

@arouillard,

By default, the lowest value in your data is mapped to the least saturated color, and the highest value to the most saturated color. Center value is just the arithmetic mean of Minimum and Maximum, not all values. You may set them manually through Data colors section in Format pane.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-service-tips-and-tricks-for-color-formatti...

As an alternative, use SIGN Function to create a calculated column.

Color Saturation Flag =
SIGN ( Table1[Column3] - AVERAGE ( Table1[Column3] ) )
Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

The SIGN function is perfect !

Here is my calculated measure:

Flag_Market_Share_Saturation = SIGN([Market Share] - (DIVIDE(CALCULATE(SUM(Database_Fusion[Group - Excel]);ALLEXCEPT(Database_Fusion;Database_Fusion[Addressable market]);Database_Fusion[Flag_ThisYear] = 1);CALCULATE(SUM(Database_Fusion[Market - Excel]);ALLEXCEPT(Database_Fusion;Database_Fusion[Addressable market]);Database_Fusion[Flag_ThisYear] = 1))))

Thanks a lot for your help !

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.