Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mau_habert
Helper I
Helper I

Problem with Shape Map visualization

Hello PBI community,

I'm trying to visualize the map of Brazilian cities through the Shape Map in PBI, but I'm dealing with the following problem as shown in the image below:

duvida.JPG

As you can see, many cities are coloured by grey, which means that PBI didnt recognize the key ID for these specific regions, like the selected city in the example: "São Gabriel da Cachoeira". In this case, I can't see the additional information from that region in the tooltip. Here one example of the information that I see to a "recognized" region:

duvida2.jpg

However, when I select with the slicer the name of one specific city previously couloured in grey in the general map vision, here what I get (same city that was in grey "São Gabriel da Cachoeira"):

duvida3.jpg

Now, with the slicer selection, the region is recognized and PBI bring me the information to the specific city.

Do you guys have any idea of what is happening here?

I'm sending in the google drive link below the PBI file and the TopoJSON file.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1J22UlUlIOEFiKrh-UMKLwMK3QVtuotUl?usp=sharing

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
HotChilli
Super User
Super User

You can see the 'i' in the first screenshot (Too many values)

I think there is an artificial limit on the number of plot points in the shapemap (similar to the other map visuals).

So you can see x amount of plot points but not 5231 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HotChilli
Super User
Super User

You can see the 'i' in the first screenshot (Too many values)

I think there is an artificial limit on the number of plot points in the shapemap (similar to the other map visuals).

So you can see x amount of plot points but not 5231 

Thanks @HotChilli , I didn't realize that "i". That's exactly what you said: "Too many values. Not displaying all data. Filter the data or choose another field."

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.