Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Amanda_Allen
Frequent Visitor

Problem with POWER KPI MATRIX when actual value is 0

Good day

I am using Power KPI Matrix to display a summary of production data.  A recent problem has been encountered when one or more of our metrics is zero for the week it is not showing zero in the Power KPI Matrix, what is occuring is the visual defaults to show the previous weeks data for this metric only. A zero value for a metric is a valid number. I have included the evidence below.

Is this normal behaviour for this visual or has it been configured incorrectly? Any assistence would be greatly appreciated.

Power KPI MatrixPower KPI Matrix

Power KPI Matrix table in Use: the 9.0 value is actually last weeks value.  It should be showing 0.

A metric that is functioning properly in the table.A metric that is functioning properly in the table.

Power KPI Matrix: a functioning metric 

The metric that is not behaving due to the Week 23 observation being zeroThe metric that is not behaving due to the Week 23 observation being zero

This is the dodgy metric: basically I think because the metric is zero (which is accurate) the Power KPI Matrix is defaulting to the previous weeks result (week 22).  This is causing summary errors on the front page

Raw data: desensitised showing the Week 23 value should be zeroRaw data: desensitised showing the Week 23 value should be zero

Raw data showing the zero.  Has been checked in multiple systems.

5 REPLIES 5
bryanang
Frequent Visitor

Under current value of the visual, there is a button you can toggle to treat 0 as null value.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Amanda_Allen , is ending on the current week. Because; if the value is blank, not 0 then visual might not show that week

Hello @amitchandak  I would expect this behaviour if the value was NULL, however it is listed in our systems as zero which is correct as the metric is measuring failures and this measure did not have any in Week 23.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Amanda_Allen

Based on my test,if you the actual value is 0,the related rows in KPI matrix return null.See below:

Annotation 2020-06-10 161955.pngAnnotation 2020-06-10 162158.png

You can try to add category to separate the 0 or null values.

Best Regards,
Kelly
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I have the same issue. If target value is zero, then nothing is displayed in the cell and the KPI Status is blank. 

Has anyone been able to find a solution to display 0 instead of blank?

Could you please explain what do you mean by: "You can try to add category to separate the 0 or null values."?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.