Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

itaico
Regular Visitor

Problem with Long Text Viewer custom visual

Hey Everyone,

So i was used the Long Text Viewer visual for my previous project, and when i try to use it now it doesn't work.

This tool do not show the text that should be shown.

Actually, i check my older project and this custom visual stop worked there too.

I try to reinstall it but it doesnt change nothing.

As someone have the same problem? or maybe know what to do?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @itaico,

I just verified that the Long Text View custom visual also works for me. I noticed that the Long Text View custom visual has been update recently on 1/19/2017. So make sure you're using the latest version of the visual and Power BI Desktop(2.43.4647.541 64-bit (February 2017)).

To share the sample pbix file which can reproduce the issue, you can upload it to OneDrive or Dropbox and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.Smiley Happy

Regards

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @itaico this visual is still working for me. Can you post your .pbix file here so we can take a look at the data model?

hey @Anonymous

i create an exaple which demostrate the problem. i create a map and add the data of the cities.
My problem is when i point on  the bubble of specific city i want that the visual will show the name of city like before.

i dont know how to upload the file to here, so if you can send me your emaill so i and send to you the file.

Thx

Hi @itaico,

I just verified that the Long Text View custom visual also works for me. I noticed that the Long Text View custom visual has been update recently on 1/19/2017. So make sure you're using the latest version of the visual and Power BI Desktop(2.43.4647.541 64-bit (February 2017)).

To share the sample pbix file which can reproduce the issue, you can upload it to OneDrive or Dropbox and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.Smiley Happy

Regards

Hi there, sorry to hijack an old post, but (and I'm asuming it's because I'm dumb ;)) I can't seem to find the Long Text Viewer on the Custom Visuals site for PBI? Has it been removed, renamed?

If someone can please help me with a direct link, I would really appreciate it.

hi @v-ljerr-msft!
So it turns out that my version to PowerBi was not updated to the latest version and therefore the visual did not work, thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.