Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

eduardodutra

Problem with Entepreise Gateway

Hi guys, when I try to access the enterprise gateway , is showing this error. I need to set it up to my dashboard in real time . I use SQLServer Azure . I currently use the Pro version of Power Bi , no problem.

Um ou mais erros.
Request error: Id: '1cf7b6b1-5956-48e6-9dc0-b2dd3b89b001', Status code: 'Unauthorized', Timestamp: '07/07/2016 20:24:27 +00:00', ErrorCode: '', Detail: ''
em Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.ExternalClient.PowerBIDataMovementClientExtensions.<EnsureSuccessfulDMMSRequest>d__0.MoveNext()
--- Fim do rastreamento de pilha do local anterior onde a exceção foi gerada ---
em System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
em System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
em Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.ExternalClient.PowerBIDataMovementClientExtensions.<DiscoverGatewaysAsync>d__13.MoveNext()

3 REPLIES 3
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@eduardodutra

In this scenario, please check the service log for Enterprise Gateway under:

C:\Users\PBIEgwService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\on-premises data gateway\Gateway*.log

Also check the the On-premises data gateway service  event log under Application and Services Logs in Event Viewer.

If there's still no usefull message in log, please uninstall gateway and install the latest version of Enterprise Gateway. Please see: Troubleshooting the On-Premises Data Gateway

Regards,

I'm getting the same thing.  The cause seems to be an attempt to login with the wrong credentials (old Azure account instead of new work-email account).  Now I can't get the login prompt to come back, despite having reinstalled and cleared every cached location I could find.  Following is the error message in its entirety.  How can I get rid of whatever cached-credential has been saved here so that I can get the login prompt again?

One or more errors occurred.
Request error: Id: 'ed8ad765-ef92-4729-ae05-bbe8cc82596e', Status code: 'Unauthorized', Timestamp: '08/17/2016 05:24:09 +00:00', ErrorCode: '', Detail: ''
at Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.ExternalClient.PowerBIDataMovementClientExtensions.<EnsureSuccessfulDMMSRequest>d__0.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.ExternalClient.PowerBIDataMovementClientExtensions.<DiscoverUnifiedGatewaysAsync>d__22.MoveNext()

The error occurs on the "On-premises data gateway" "Amost done." page, where it asks you "Next, you need to sign in to register your gateway."  Pressing the "Sign in" button should present the browser prompt to authorize your account.  Instead the error message just appears with no chance to set credentials.

Thank you,

Louis

eduardodutra

Hi guys, when I try to access the enterprise gateway , is showing this error. I need to set it up to my dashboard in real time . I use SQLServer Azure and for real time, I read that enterprise gateway update my dashboard! I access Power Bi Pro, without problem!

What do?

Um ou mais erros.
Request error: Id: '81a9b221-6732-48eb-9da4-0342f03ec489', Status code: 'Unauthorized', Timestamp: '07/07/2016 20:24:03 +00:00', ErrorCode: '', Detail: ''
em Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.ExternalClient.PowerBIDataMovementClientExtensions.<EnsureSuccessfulDMMSRequest>d__0.MoveNext()
--- Fim do rastreamento de pilha do local anterior onde a exceção foi gerada ---
em System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
em System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
em Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.ExternalClient.PowerBIDataMovementClientExtensions.<DiscoverGatewaysAsync>d__13.MoveNext()

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.