Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

GeorgesKV
Helper I
Helper I

Problem with Decimal Places in a Pie Chart

Hey all,

Maybe someone can help me, I have 2 pie charts and I've selected the decimal places to be 0, but everytime that I need to open it again, it shows 2 decimals and I need to go back and change to 0 again.

Did anyone face this before?

image.png

4 REPLIES 4
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @GeorgesKV

Indeed what you face is by design.

To achieve your requirement, just select the column and set "decimal place:0" in the Modeling bar.

I would like explain more about why your are suffering from this problem.

when your value is set "data type:decimal number", "format:percentage" and "decimal place:2" in the "Modeling" bar,

to make the decimal places to be 0

you select on pie visual, then go to the "format"->"detail labels", set the decimal places to be 0, 

But this just change decimal places for this pie visual instead of others's.

To make all chart show 0 decimals automatically after one change, just select the column and set "decimal place:0" in the Modeling bar.

Best Regards

Maggie

Hey @v-juanli-msft,

I'm unable to change the column on modeling to a decimal number because it's pure text, so it gives me an error. 

Regards, 

Hi @GeorgesKV

I'm unable to change the column on modeling to a decimal number because it's pure text, so it gives me an error. 

From your screenshot, it seems this column contains text and decimal number like "text 12.3".

If it is formed from a text type column and a number type column from your table, just modify this number type column to "decimal number" before connecting.

Best Regards

Maggie

I have the same problem. However the pie chart is taking the data from only text. There is not a test column and a number column. The visual takes the text and complies the percentage. I am still stuck with decimals and would love a way to fix it. The % Decimal Places unter the detail tab is stuck on Auto and I can't change it because it's a text. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.