Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Problem when connecting same table with direct query

Hello,

I have a following situation:

Before, I used excel file which was always downloaded from our Sharepoint containing data regarding quality of production.

However, now I established a direct link to Sharepoint where we can directly fetch the data and connection from the Model view seems to be working well and everything matches the previous one. 

The problem is in the fact that the filtering by date does not work. I used to filter by date with table which I build up from DAX code (date, date as integer, current week, current month, etc.) in addition my variables are correctly categorized (Date = date format, Amount of issues = Whole number with Sum per default).

1.png

Did anybody have a similar situation?

Id be happy to hear your experience and will be glad to provide more information in case needed.

Thank you in advance

BR,

Filip

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-lili6-msft 

I managed to solve it. It was actually due to the power query data types not being automatically recognised as usually from Excel. 

However, many thanks for your will to help!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi @Anonymous 

First, you fetch the data from sharepoint directly, it is not "Direcr query", it is still "Import" like "I used excel file which was always downloaded from our Sharepoint containing data regarding quality of production".

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-directquery-data-sources

Second, for your problem, you may try to keep cross filter direction is "Both"

9.JPG

or if there is something wrong in data format for the 'Calendar'[Date], 'NCR_db'[Datum],'NCR database'[Datum].

eg. "date as integer,""Date = date format,"

If you still have problem, please share a simple sample pbix file for us have a test, there should be something wrong in other.

Do mask sensitive data before uploading.

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Lin,

Many thanks for your recommendations, however none worked out.

What I did try to do is to create dateasinteger to see if the connection would work, and it worked seamlessly. However, the problem stays since dateasinteger is text type of variable, and only dates and numbers can be continously charted on x-axis. I tried to repeat again the procedure as primarily planned, however does not work. All my dates are same format and I am really now confused.

hi @Anonymous 

If possible, could you please share a simple sample pbix file for us have a test? That will be a great help.

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-lili6-msft 

I managed to solve it. It was actually due to the power query data types not being automatically recognised as usually from Excel. 

However, many thanks for your will to help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.