cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AUaero Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Problem when changing server from test to production environment

Hi,

I've got a report that is connected a tabular model running on my test analysis services server (ASTEST).  I want to change the datasource so that the report is connected to the same model on my production server (ASPROD).  When I change the server, all of my visualizations break with the message "Can't display the visual.  See details"

Here are the steps I took to change the data source:

1. Edit Queries
  2. Data source settings
  3. Change server name and specify model name
  4. Select the correct perspective from my model

I know my model on ASPROD is good and be accessed by PBIDesktop since I created a new report and pointed it to that model with no issues.

Any ideas on how to resolve this?  I really don't want to have to recreate this report just because the datasource name has changed.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Problem when changing server from test to production environment

Hi @AUaero 

I would suggest you use the latest version of Power BI Desktop to create the report. Please try to clear cache(Options->Data Load) in Power BI Desktop, clear permission about your data source in Data source Settings, then re-connect to your source and check if the issue still persists.

If it is not your case, you may submit a support ticket.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Regards,

Cherie

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.