Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Tuhin_Ghosh
Frequent Visitor

Problem using 12-hour time format on X axis of an area chart

Hello Everyone, 

I hope you all are doing great.

I am having a problem using an area graph to show hourly call traffic on the Y-axis and time on the X-axis. The X-axis is showing the 24-hour time format, but the client wants to see a 12-hour time format on the X-axis. I am sharing all the screenshots of the same to help you understand the problem well.

I am able to plot the area chart as follows:

Screenshot 2022-09-25 110449.jpg

But I want to show the area chart as follows:

Screenshot 2022-09-25 110950.jpg

I have the data as follows:

Screenshot 2022-09-25 110600.jpg

From the above time column, I have extracted the hour to use the same in the area chart.

Screenshot 2022-09-25 110634.jpg

Could you please help me out with this?

Thank you in anticipation.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
CNENFRNL
Community Champion
Community Champion

CNENFRNL_0-1664091992107.png

CNENFRNL_1-1664092045941.png

Thanks to the great efforts by MS engineers to simplify syntax of DAX! Most beginners are SUCCESSFULLY MISLED to think that they could easily master DAX; but it turns out that the intricacy of the most frequently used RANKX() is still way beyond their comprehension!

DAX is simple, but NOT EASY!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
CNENFRNL
Community Champion
Community Champion

CNENFRNL_0-1664091992107.png

CNENFRNL_1-1664092045941.png

Thanks to the great efforts by MS engineers to simplify syntax of DAX! Most beginners are SUCCESSFULLY MISLED to think that they could easily master DAX; but it turns out that the intricacy of the most frequently used RANKX() is still way beyond their comprehension!

DAX is simple, but NOT EASY!

Thank you so much, sir/ma'am, it's working like a charm. I really appreciate your help. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.