Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

aadass
Frequent Visitor

Problem to use DATEDIFF function between two dates which located in two not directly related tables

DATEDIFF.JPG

Problem to use DATEDIFF function between two dates which located in two but not directly related tables.

Task: Stock.Registration_Date - Invoices.InvoiceDate

Formula: NeedDate= DATEDIFF([Registration_Date],RELATED(Invoices[InvoiceDate]),WEEK)

Err: The column 'Invoices[InvoiceDate]' either doesn't exist or doesn't have a relationship to any table available in the current context

Comments: There two tables "Stock" and "Invoice" - they are related through table in between "InvoiceLines".

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@aadass,

Given the relationship, you may use RELATEDTABLE Function.

MAXX ( RELATEDTABLE ( Invoices ), Invoices[InvoiceDate] )
Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

Hi @aadass

Are you trying to create a new column in the 'Stock' table or the 'InvoiceLines' table?

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

For now  "Stock" table..  - where i am trying to create new Measure. (In the future this New Measure should be used in

report(Visualization)

but i mentioned those three tbls because tbl InvoiceLines is in between two Main tbls "Stock" and "Invoices"

I need one field from Stock and one from Invoices (they are not linked directly - but only through InvoiceLines )

tnx

Angelika

@aadass,

Given the relationship, you may use RELATEDTABLE Function.

MAXX ( RELATEDTABLE ( Invoices ), Invoices[InvoiceDate] )
Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Sam,

i think it solved my issue:

Weeks in stock = DATEDIFF([Registration_Date],MAXX(RELATEDTABLE(Invoices),Invoices[InvoiceDate]),WEEK)

I would never thought that MAXX  can act as a little liason between "unrelated" tables 

Thank you much

Angelika

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.