Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

didi42
Frequent Visitor

Problem to allign 'Time intelligence' measures with text fields

Hello,

I am struggling with a problem, which seems very basic but for which I cannot find any solution and would really appreciate your help.

• I have a simple data set of sales of product per store and per dates, as well as text comment for each product sale

Capture1.JPG

•  This set is linked to a calendar table created with CALENDAR() function
CALENDAR(Date(2021,01,01),Date(2021,12,31))

Capture2.JPG

• I added one measure to return the previous mont sales and one to return the variation between 2 months
Previousmonth Product1 = CALCULATE(SUM(Sheet1[Product 1]),PREVIOUSMONTH('Calendar'[Date].[Date]))
Previousmonth variation product1 = SUM(Sheet1[Product 1])-[Previousmonth Product1]

The measures are working properly but I am facing problems when I want to display them in a table alligned with the text comment column of the data set. I can display correctly a table with the current sales and variation for each store and another table with the current sales and comments for each store but I am not able to have everything shown properly in a single table (Current and previous month do not allign anymore, variation is not calculated in one row, and comments of previous month are also shown, irrespective of the date filter applied...)

Capture3.JPG

Would you have an idea of what I am doing wrong ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello,

Thanks for taking the time to answer me. I tried to modify the measures with the one you provided me, however, I'm still facing the same issue.Capture4.JPG

My basic understanding would be that, since with my measures "call" values from past month, then the text fields of previous month are also displayed.

EDIT :I found a small trick which seems to work : Make a measure from my text.

Text_as_measure = Calculate(MAX(Sheet1[Product 1 comment]))

Capture7.JPG

This way ,measures are shown correctly in one row and then everything is alligned

Is it a correct way to do it, or could I improve it ?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

You can try this 

1. Create a measure for the total of Product 1,   Total_Product_1 = SUM(your_table[Product 1])
2. Create 2nd measure for the previous month Product 1, Previous_month_Total_Product_1= 

Calculate([Total_Product_1],DATEADD('CALENDAR'[Date],-1,MONTH))
3. Create Variation Measure  Variation = [Previous_month_Total_Product_1]-[Total_Product_1]

4. Use calander slicer for changing month

Hello,

Thanks for taking the time to answer me. I tried to modify the measures with the one you provided me, however, I'm still facing the same issue.Capture4.JPG

My basic understanding would be that, since with my measures "call" values from past month, then the text fields of previous month are also displayed.

EDIT :I found a small trick which seems to work : Make a measure from my text.

Text_as_measure = Calculate(MAX(Sheet1[Product 1 comment]))

Capture7.JPG

This way ,measures are shown correctly in one row and then everything is alligned

Is it a correct way to do it, or could I improve it ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.