Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

hsmothers

Problem staying signed in Power BI Desktop

Hi all -

I'm having issues with my Power BI desktop staying signed in. 

It's allowed me to sign a few times by going to my organization's Sharepoint App page and clicking on the Power BI app and loading the Power BI site. Unfortunately, it won't stay signed in all day. After a few hours, I lose the connection and it re-prompts me to sign in or register to try Power BI. 

When I sign in, the message I get is: "Your network requires proxy authentication. Please contact your network admin to check your authentication and firewall settings." I don't have any other connectivity or network issues happening outside of this software and I'm not re-connecting and disconnecting my machine at different points of the day - it's stationary.  

Any help would be appreciated. This is incredibly frustrating. 

3 REPLIES 3
YvanTCHOUDIE

Hello team. I have the same problem with Power BI desktop. When asked I can sign in successfully but if I close and come back later, it will ask me again to sign in

v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @hsmothers ,

Have you solved your problem?

If you have solved, please always accept the replies making sense as solution to your question so that people who may have the same question can get the solution directly.

If you still need help, please share your data sample and your desired output so that we could help further on it.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @hsmothers ,

It seems that you have this issue when you click Power BI in SharePoint online page?

Capture.PNG

By my tests, I cannot reproduce your issue in Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge.

What about sign in Power bI site directly?

In addition, please clear the cache or cookie for your browser and try again.

Other reference: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Logging-into-Power-BI-Desktop-when-on-VPN/td-p/480438

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.