Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Problem printing report with visual in focus mode

HI all,

I've spotted a problem when a user of one of my reports tried to print it off from PBI services whilst having one graph in focus mode.

What happened was it printed the visual that was in focus mode, it was as large as the page as expected. However it also printed the normal page in the background. It's like it printed the non-focused page and then went back and printed the focused visual on top of that.

Needless to say he wasn't too happy, aha.

Has anyone experienced this before? I suggested exporting to PowerPoint and then printing from there although I've had problems with formatting changing upon export to PP. Does anyone have a better suggestion?

Thanks,

Will

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous

Please try to "Edit report", change the View into "Actual Size" and save it.

12.PNG

Then it should fill with entire page size in print preview. You may also change the Layout into "landscape".

225.PNG

Regards,

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
mpcarpenter
Helper I
Helper I

I'm getting the same issue and the suggested fix doesn't work.

If I press Crtl-A while in print preview I can see the background page which is messing things up (see attached pic - I just want the table in top corner, but all the stuff in light blue I think is getting in the way)

screen dump.png

Kward
Frequent Visitor

If you go to your browsers page setup you need to select "Print Background Colors and Images". Not sure why this works, but it will let you print only the table/visual in focus mode and not overlay on the entire report.

Hey, how do I "Print Background Colours and Images" in IE?

Thanks

Rose

You are absolutely right. It works. Thanks!

BTW i use Chrome Browser.

v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous

Please try to "Edit report", change the View into "Actual Size" and save it.

12.PNG

Then it should fill with entire page size in print preview. You may also change the Layout into "landscape".

225.PNG

Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

This didn't solve the problem. It still printed with the large focus mode chart over the top of the smaller ones.

Thanks

Martin

I have the same problem. Any solution ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same thing here, the focus mode printing seems buggy on IE and Edge. The focused report overlap the report but doesn't hide it.

Actual size solution doesn't work either.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Haven't found a solution yet 😕

By the way my user was also using IE..

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.