Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lcg

Problem in stacked column chart with a percentage line

Hi all.

I'm trying to add a line to a stacked column chart in which I have two numerical values. I need to add a line which corresponds to the percentage of the 2 column chart values in termos of one of the 2 values. In other words, I want to calculate the following:

Value 1/ (Value 1+Value 2)*100.

The point here is that I'm representing these 2 values by "business" (shared axis) so that what I actually need is having the percentage of the final calculation by business, as if I was taking directly the final calculation from the column chart.  I hope I put it clear....

To sum up, I can't make calculations from the table columns data, but from the final calculations....

Thanks a lot in advance for your kindness.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @lcg

Based on your description, “the only thing I have is two column values and another column called "business"” means your table have three columns, two columns values and one business value, whose structure is same like me. The different is that the correspondent value may belong to one business or another, like the following sample data, right?

Capture1.PNG

When you create a line and stacked column chart, it will category by each business.

Capture2.PNGCapture3.PNG

Best Regards,
Angelia

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @lcg,

Based on my understanding, you want to represent the Value1/Value2 by business column, and add the percentage as line chart, right? If it is, I try to reproduce your scenario and get expected result.

First, I create the sample data like the following picture.

1.png

Then create a calculated column using the formula below.

Percentage = Test[Value1]/(Test[Value1]+Test[Value2])*100

Finally, create a line and stacked column chart, select the Business column as shared axis, the Value1/ Value2 as column as Column values, Percentage column as Line values. And you will get the expected result as the following screenshot.

2.png

If this is not what you want, please share more details, or post the sample data for further analysis.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Thanks a lot, v-huizhn-msft.

You understood welll.

The point is that I do not have any table with the values by business. The only thing I have is two column values and another column called "business" in which the correspondent value may belong to one business or another. in other words, the resulting operations you added are made "internally" by power BI.

Of course, in order to get to your point I could use office or another program to do the neccessary calculations, but I was wondering if I could calculate everything directly using Power BI.

I really appreciate your help and time.

Hi @lcg

Based on your description, “the only thing I have is two column values and another column called "business"” means your table have three columns, two columns values and one business value, whose structure is same like me. The different is that the correspondent value may belong to one business or another, like the following sample data, right?

Capture1.PNG

When you create a line and stacked column chart, it will category by each business.

Capture2.PNGCapture3.PNG

Best Regards,
Angelia

lcg

Does nobody know any solution?? :-/.

Thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.